68 days since holding my sweet baby girl
67 days since passing court
16 days since file submitted to embassy
Being in this period of waiting is cruel. Separation from your child is painful. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is 10 hours ahead of our time, so their business hours are taking place while we are sleeping. Every night I go to sleep with my cell phone beside my bed. Hoping to be awakened by the sound of an email alert. I pray that "tonight will be the night" we receive the email from the US Embassy telling us our case has been cleared, giving us a visa appointment and the okay to come get our little girl. Each morning when the email doesn't come, its so disappointing.
Last week was a real struggle. Thankfully, God really used my Monday night women's bible study and a fellow YWAM mama to renew my strength. I don't want my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father to waiver. I don't want to doubt His great plan and perfect timing. And while my heart still hurts, I'm going to focus on what God wants to do in me during this waiting. I don't want to miss an opportunity to learn and grow in my faith because I'm too busy worrying about my sweet girl. God loves Harper more than I do, He loves me, He loves adoption and He wants her home with us.
I still have my phone by the bed while I sleep but I am finding some peace in the waiting.
"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still" Exodus 14:14
“Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out
endurance and steadfastness and patience.” James 1:3
No comments:
Post a Comment