6/16/12

Here's The Scoop!

Hey all! So here's the latest adoption scoop. On June 13th we were submitted to embassy. On June 15th I received an email saying they have started their "investigation" to determine whether or not they will issue her visa, allowing us to bring her home. So now we wait to hear the news that we have been cleared. At which time, Tim and I will be on the next flight to Ethiopia! I cannot wait to bring my daughter home. The anticipation is growing stronger and stronger everyday.

So that leads me to my next point. Airfare...its so high right now. I was shocked when I started pricing out tickets. Its more than doubled since our first trip. We have been so very blessed that God has met our financial need to this point. I mean, we have been blown away by our faith families generosity! So I am feeling really conflicted right now. Our need is still great, yet I don't know if I feel God moving me to try and put on another fundraiser. I don't know if its right to ask for more help. I'm very conflicted, I just know we have to get to Africa but I don't know how. I do have faith that it will all work out and that its all in God's hands. I'm just not sure what I should be doing for my part right now...one last big fundraiser, personal loans, etc. ??

I do know at this point I will do anything to bring Harper home. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open!!

If you would like to be praying for us, here are some specific ways you can do so:

That the embassy would not request additional documentation and they will clear our case.
That God will meet the rest of our financial need. (Airfare is looking to be around $7,000)


Thank you!!!


1 comment:

  1. Erin - we're praying for you!! That is a lot of money, and I'm sure it's overwhelming. But God always provides!!

    ReplyDelete