I sent off our dossier about 3 weeks ago. These are all the papers I have spent months collecting and having notarized. It feels really strange to mail off the precious original documents. It was actually hard to physically part with the thick mailing envelope. Truly they feel like one of my most prized earthly possessions. What if something happened to them? What if I wrote down the wrong address? What if I read the instructions wrong on mailing them?
But at the same time, its such a relief to be done with all the paperwork on my end. Its completely out of my hands and control now. Not that I have ever felt in control of this process. That's 100% God's department, which is a good thing.
So now we wait. We wait for the courts to review our precious paperwork and then give us a court date. I cannot wait for that email or phone call telling us we have a date set. When we can fly to Ethiopia, meet our girl and appear in court to make her forever a Hutchison. What a day that will be.
So, how am I passing this time waiting? Well, reading lots of blogs on other families experiences and recommendations for travel, what to pack, expectations, ect. I just love reading about other families trips to Ethiopia. Especially families from our agency. It helps me get a clearer picture of what it will be like for us.
I have become a bit obsessed over caring for my little Ethiopian's hair. Did you see Grey's Anatomy the other week? Ya, I don't want to be "that" parent. So, I'm trying to figure out what products to try and what type of routine her hair will need. I found this great website and it seems to be a good resource. Though, I seriously doubt my ability to do some of those super cute hair styles. I JUST learned to french braid Hannah's hair, and not well. Plus, I read this awesome blog post that gave me the basics to start off with. Harper has very little hair right now, so I'm sure I will have plenty of time to figure it all out.
I'm reading Toddler Adoption. Its been really insightful so far. I just want to be as prepared as one can be. I know the real work begin's when she comes home. I don't want to be foolish in thinking it will be easy. I just want to be a good mama, everything this little girl deserves and more. And, not only for Harper but Hannah & Joel too. I hope God will use this time to strengthen my weaknesses.
Its all very exciting but at the same time, sad. Everyday, Harper gets older and I'm missing out on time with her. I know this is all apart of Gods plan, and I really do trust in that. But I cant help but feel a bit sad when I let myself dwell on it.
This post answered a lot of the questions I had for you but haven't had a chance to ask! We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet Miss Harper. I am sure it is so hard to wait and know that she is here and waiting for you but you can't be there for her. It will happen soon and just remember that God is with her. Love you Erin. You are an incredible mama and your kids are awesome!!
ReplyDelete