Now its time to move forward. We are mailing off our I-600a form, Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition. As I was filling it out, things started to get real. Up until now I have really felt like this wasnt going to happen. It just all seemed surreal. Of course, we are doing this to end up with a baby, but I think Its been a way to protect my heart from dissapointment.
We still dont know whats going to happen and what kind of timeline we are facing. But, when I was filling out the form and answering questions like: Do you plan to travel abroad to locate or adopt a child? and What country do you plant to adopt from? Then answering that we wished to file our orphan petition at the U.S. Embassy or consulate in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, things began to feel real. Like, this might really happen.
Signing the I-600A
"I certify, under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct and that my spouse and I will care for an orphan properly if admitted to the United States"
I'm getting excited. Which scares me, because we are still so far away, and so many things can still set us back or even prevent us from adopting. But, I'm really placing all my trust in God, the one who has sent us on this journey. Even if worse case scenario happens, and Ethiopia decides to close adoptions ( disclaimer, I have heard NO word of this happening, and I'm not trying to cause panic in other families adopting from Ethiopia. Its just my worst fear:) I will never feel regret for having the courage to answer God's calling to us.
Last I heard it is taking around 4-8 weeks to receive this Homeland Security Clearance. At which point we will log into the waiting child list and get to see who God has waiting for us:)
*If by some chance the person who anonymously gave to our adoption fund with a very generous donation, reads this blog, please know how thankful and grateful we are to you and we pray that you will be blessed in return.
No comments:
Post a Comment