6/19/11

We're Expecting!

This weekend we had our homestudy visit. It was great. We have a pretty awesome social worker. Even more awesome, she is a woman of faith and for that I'm thankful. She prayed over us, our adoption and for our sweet baby. I'm so happy to be working with Adoption Ministry because each staff member loves God and are praying for us. That's so cool.

Many of my friends are at various stages of pregnancy. They are announcing pregnancies, getting closer to due dates and delivering sweet precious babies. I'm so happy for them. I would say having a baby is one of the most joyful occasions. Wouldn't you?

Well, deep down a little part of me wants to yell, I'm expecting! Because truthfully, we are expecting. I'm not carrying our 3rd child but they "are on the way". Each time I cross off another thing on my giant check list, we get closer and closer.  I spend alot of time thinking about our little one "on the way". Whether or not they have been conceived, if they are in their birth mothers tummy, or if they are in a YWAM orphanage waiting for us.  I wonder if they are a boy or girl, how old they are and how old they will be when we bring them home. I even think about their birth family. I actually pray for them every night, and that difficult, painful decision they've made or have to make, to take our little one to the orphanage and give them up. I could write a whole blog post on that so I wont digress:)

So our homestudy visit is done and once our finger prints come back (probably will take another 4-5 weeks, I'm guessing?) It can be submitted and hopefully approved. I have seen that many people have to make edits at that point. I'm praying it will be approved on the first try.

 I'm so ready have another baby, I'm so ready to meet this child, God has chosen for us. I know this whole process is in His hands, that its all in His perfect timing and that is all leading us to the child He has for us. So cool to think about. But I still am so anxious to receive a referral. Its kind of like the 20 week appointment where you see an ultra sound and find out if your having a boy or girl. At least that's how I equate it to our adoption experience. We are still a long ways away from this point (we have several big things to take care of before we can be referred a child) but it will be so exciting!

So I just really wanted to say WE ARE EXPECTING!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Thank you for keeping us posted on your adoption process. I have always wondered what went into an adoption - thanks for the insight.

    How long do you think the process will take once you get your finger prints back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leyna. Its hard to predict timelines but Im thinking we will have a referral by Christmas and then its up to Ethiopia to set the court dates. We have to travel to Ethiopia 2 times. The second trip we can bring the child home. I hope we will be bringing home a baby next summer, but thats just a guess:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it goes smoothly for you! Too bad the "expectancy" of adoption is sooo much longer than carrying a child. But we will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete