9/17/10

Fall!

I love fall! I just wish fall in Walla Walla would come sooner! Its still flip flops and air conditioning here.

Tonight is Tim's first home game. I have some traditions that come with this:  Im suposed to be cooking white bean chicken chili in the crockpot and there is suposed to be a chill in the air for the night game. I should be able to wear jeans and a sweatshirt. I should be able to stop at Starbucks for my first pumpkin spice latte of the year on the way over to the game. Thats been my tradition since Tim's first year of coaching back at Cheney HS. My first year as a coaches wife. Sitting in the swaying beachers (that were in my opinon very unsafe), by myself, well actually not by myself, Hannah was growing in my belly. He loved coaching there, and I loved watching him.

 But if I were to be partaking in my first friday night home game traditions, I would be sweating bullets! So I guess tonight it will be sandwiches for dinner,  flip flops and jeans, and Iced latte.

Joel Update:
  • Little man is learning so many new words! A few of the recent ones are Carrot, Veggie Tales, Graham and he now says Miles (The little boy I babysit).
  • New loves: Climbing (especially onto the dining room table) and Coloring

Hannah Update:
  • She started  parent/child soccer, she seems to really enjoy it. She truely loves being around all the other kids, I think thats her favorite part.
  • She is the BEST big sister ever, and talks to him like she is a little mama.
  • She will be starting AWANA next week. Cant believe she is old enough to be a Cubbie!
  • No longer has to wear pull ups!!

Erin Update:
  • Next week I start working with the middle school girls at our church. I will be a small group leader on Wednesday nights, pray for me! LOL. No, Im super excited !
  • Also, I scored an awesome new job, being the YMCA party planner. This is a new thing for the Y and I get to completely set it all up from scratch. Its been fun so far developing the party packages. I cant wait to throw some awesome themed parties for little boys and girls!
Tim Update:
  • Working hard on his masters and is doing great! Im so proud of him.
  • Coaching football at Mac Hi.
  • Starting up his 3rd year teaching Health/PE at Mac Hi. He also started a new leadership class there, which is he teaching.
  • Being a superstar daddy!



2 comments:

  1. I love your fall tradition. Maybe the next home game you can do all that. It does get cooler at nights though so bring a light sweatshirt! How do the kids do at the games?

    I didn't know Tim was working on his masters, he has got ALOT on his plate and teaching a new leadership class (that is a huge time commitment) he is BUSY!

    Good luck with Teen Talk, I will see you at church Wednesday night, Colt is going too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't know about the masters thing either. Way to go Tim! Jeff did that while working. It was super hard and took a lot of intentional attention. But the end is worth it. So cool.
    And you are gonna have to ell us about some of your parties at the next girls' night. How fun is that job.
    Super stoked you are in our growth group. Really looking forward to getting to know you AND Tim better.

    ReplyDelete