
Is this not the most precious thing you have ever seen?

I have started to wean Joel due to his notty biting! Ouch! I really had hoped to nurse until he turned one but it has become to difficult. So last week I started replacing 2 nursings a day with a bottle. If I can pump I give him breastmilk, if not I introduced him to formula and he takes that just fine. I have mixed feelings about the transition. I really enjoyed nursing. And feel sad that its over. However, its also liberating knowing I can actually leave him for some "me" time and not worry about his feeding schedule. Hope that doesnt sound selfish! But, snuggling him while he eats a bottle is fun too!


He is hilarious with his bottle. You are NOT allowed to help him hold it or tip it up at all! He thinks it is a toy. He shakes it and plays with it mostly. It takes him FOREVER to actually finish.
This sweet little boy is going to be 1 years old in a little over a month! Im trying to decide how to celebrate. Hannah had a big party when she turned 1, which just felt like to much. So we will go small for Joel. I found a really awesome aligator shaped cake pattern that I would love to make but its very elaborate. So, I think I will save it for his 2nd b-day. If Im going to spend the time on a cake like that, I want to show it off at a big party! So for his first b-day, Im thinking a football shaped cake. I really had my heart set on the aligator though, Joel has his stuffed gator that he loves, he sleeps with it and its his "security blanket". So Im not sure I can let that idea go! We shall see!
For his gift we are getting him a convertable carseat. He has about 2 pounds to go before he cant be in it. Also, we are starting swim lessons in March so we are going to get him a new suit and a fun hooded towel for b-day gifts. Joel will be doing Parent/Child with me and Hannah is going to take lessons at the same time. She will be in Turtles! I cant wait! Hannah loved it when we took parent/child together. Joel is a water baby too so I know he will have fun.

How fun! Colt and Dave are swimming at the Y as I type this. He was so excited to go and ran out the door. You should not feel guilty at all for wanting a little "me" time especially because you are with the kids all day long! Being a stay at home mom and watching 2 other kids is really hard work (just ask Heather:)). I think if you have the time and want to do it just make the alligator cake. You can put it on the blog and I will oohh and aahh over it:). Thanks for the update, the pics of Hannah and Joel are too cute!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about weaning. I had a hard time with it too. I felt guilty about it, but was glad I made it to 9 months and 3 days (but who's counting??). You should be proud you made it to almost 1 year with Joel!! WTG Erin! : ) I can't believe he is almost a year old. This year has just flown by. We are doing parent/child swim classes again with Danny hopefully next month. I work 3 out of the 4 Saturdays, so that's a bummer, but he and Derek will have fun! You can always make the alligator cake this year sometime other than the birthday cake to practice and see how hard it is to make. Who doesn't want to eat cake twice???
ReplyDeleteThanks Leyna!
ReplyDeleteBy the way both you ladies are amazing for continuing to give your children breastmilk while working full time. THATs a huge accomplishment!